Sunday, May 15, 2011

When life gives you laundry . . .

Mountain
With a zillion things to do, and folding laundry being one of my least favorite chores, I let the pile get really big over the weekend before finally deciding to tackle it.

My first feelings were dread, and then, the sooner I get it over with . . .

But as I started to sort and fold, I thought about the blessings of this pile of laundry:

The napkins are from a big family dinner we hosted last night, with grandparents and cousins, and baby back ribs that we had cooked all day.

The shorts and t-shirts are from three healthy boys who go running with their dad through the neighborhood and down the nature trail, making memories together that they will always keep.

The towels are from the baths and showers those sweaty boys take, making them fresh and sweet and huggable again.

The bathrobes are from playing "Nate the Great" where they become trench coats for a detective on the case.

Yep -- each piece became a blessing instead of a chore.

When life gives you laundry, make lemonade.

{I hope I"ll feel the same way when I dig into the ironing pile! :)}

2 comments :

Angie said...

WOW, isn't it funny how God works. As I am sitting here blog-hopping, I'm thinking about the same mountain of laundry that I have outside my laundry room that has to get tackled today...thank you so much for sharing this wonderful insight to the positive side of our mundane chores!!
Thanks for visiting my blog, I hope you will come back soon!
Angie @ http://inmysparetime2.blogspot.com

Mama Pea Pod said...

:-) What a nice way to look at laundry! I think I'll tackle my pile next.