Saturday, September 24, 2011

Rainbow Leaves

  
   A hint of fall in the air calls us outside with some paints and paper. The kids search for the biggest leaves they can find that are not too crispy, and then they dab and mix until they concoct a combination of colors they are happy with.


It's best to paint it on thick, so it stays wet while you're finishing. Once the colors are applied, press leaves down on heavy paper. I punched two holes in the top of each one and strung them on some burlap twine to bring a little fall inside with a bunting for the schoolroom.





5 comments :

The Princess and the Tot said...

These turned out very pretty!

Vicky said...

I love this activity! Can't wait to do it with my kids now that they are old enough. I am a new follower from The Sunday Showcase. Vicky @ www.messforless.net

Lori @ La-La's Home Daycare said...

These are so so cute! I love the use of different colors!

Thanks for sharing your craft with the Holiday Kid Craft Link Up.

Lori

Kim said...

I love your site! You have a new fan!I am Playing Blog hop tag, YOUR IT! Tag me back at:
http://my-bloggityblog.blogspot.com/ and on facebook https://www.facebook.com/pages/Bloggity-Blog/260564090644111

Mom to 2 Posh Lil Divas said...

love the colors! I have been searching for nice large leaves so we can make prints! I am jealous!

Thanks for linking to the Sunday Showcase! Looking forward to seeing what you will share this week - http://momto2poshlildivas.blogspot.com/search/label/Sunday%20Showcase

Bern