Monday, December 10, 2012

Hello Monday {Sharing}


Hello Monday is our place to welcome a brand new week and reflect on the old one. 

Hello tired (good tired)
We spent our day packing toys for the Salvation Army Toy Drive.  In our area, bags are being packed by volunteers all week at our convention center.  There were hundreds of bags waiting to be filled, and my boys managed to do eighteen.

Hello sharing
The boys each spent thoughtful time picking out items for the children they were "shopping" for.  It was so sweet to watch them make careful selections based on each child's wishes.  Even though some specific items wished for weren't available, the boys tried to choose things that fit the same theme or interests.  We were given lists with each child's name and age, and my boys would say, "I've got to find a baby doll for Shiya," or "Oscar likes Spiderman."  These kids are very real, and this had such an impact on my kids.

Hello blessings (counting them)
My favorite part of the day--the boys all thanked me for taking them to pack toys, and they all said it was fun and they want to go back to do it again :)

{Linking up with Lisa Leonard for Hello Monday}

No comments :