Saturday, December 29, 2012

Recycling Christmas Packaging


We put two trees up every year, a big one in the living room, and a skinny one in the dining room.  I started taking down the big one yesterday--early for me to do this before New Year's, but I was ready. I may be crazy, but I decided to leave the skinny one up for awhile, to bring a little winter into the house.  We hardly ever get snow, so I themed this tree with snow, snowmen, and nature decorations.  I love having a little bit of sparkle in this unused corner.


I am notorious for saving every scrap from the Christmas wrappings, and I will reuse as many parts of them as I can.  Leftover tissue paper is great for wrapping fragile ornaments, and sturdy boxes and cookie tins make nice storage for fragile ornaments or sets with little pieces, like our tiny nativity.  Not only will everything be cushioned and organized inside the larger storage boxes, but unpacking will be easier when we pull them back out next year.

4 comments :

Ann said...

I do the exact same thing with Christmas tins and tissue paper! I have nativities from around the world. Many of them are handmade, so they don't come in these nice, sturdy packages. The tins are perfect for them. It's also nice to know someone else does things like I do. Makes me feel a little less crazy! :-)

~Ann

Rox said...

So glad I found you on Inspiration Spotlight! I had to laugh when I read your post because I had all my pretty tissue paper and unique wrapping paper folded and stacked on Christmas morning. Then, my daughter almost threw it away! I freaked, lol

We are a homeschool family also, but we are near the end. My youngest is in the 11th grade!
I hope to visit you often, Roxana
http://fourelevenrox.blogspot.com/

Pears said...

Such a great idea, thanks for the tips! I'm a new follower from a blog hop, feel free to stop by and follow me back
If you have a moment, feel free to stop by my Social blog hop to add this cute project
www.iheartpears.blogspot.com

Theresa said...

Thanks for the tips & linking up! Sorry I am late dropping by. Visiting from Dearcreatives.com